Planning for long term care can be confusing and complicated.
When you call our office, whether to ask a specific question or to set up a time to meet, it is our goal to make your experience unique to your concerns and your goals.
Education is key. When we meet, we will talk about the basics of long term care planning, including:
- Where care takes place – the home, community, or facility – and what your preference would be.
- What you have learned from the experiences of family or friends, what are your concerns and wishes.
- Cost of care in regions you may be living
- Resources you already have available, including income and savings, friends and family
- The role your family may play in your care
- Outside funding options, including health insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid
- State incentives for planning, including tax credits and Partnership programs.
- Tax deductibility of long term care insurance, particularly in the business setting.
I will give you the information you need to make an informed decision about the best ways to protect your family and your savings, and I will recommend a course of action.
If insurance is an option, I will help you navigate the companies and plan options available, including traditional long term care insurance and hybrid policies. Together, we will design a plan that will address your goals, your concerns, your budget, and ultimately, your peace of mind.